Monday, October 27, 2008

9 Weeks

The baby is the size of a green olive, Paul has completely banned me from watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and while I feel like I have been eating enough food to feed a small family, I haven’t gained any weight.

I went to my monthly doctor’s appointment today where I was informed with the fact that I have not gained any weight in the last 4 weeks. I was stunned, and a bit concerned. I have been eating so much food! I eat breakfast! I eat ice cream! Oh the carbs I have consumed! I was advised that this is not alarming, and that my body is redistributing its weight around, hence the enormous melons on my chest. I have also been drinking about 2 L of water daily, which flushes out a lot of the bad stuff. This may just mean that my next appointment will have me gaining double what is expected. Fine by me, bring on the dessert!

While the tiredness has not ceased, even on a 10 hour a night sleep I’m still frickin exhausted – the newest stage of this early pregnancy has been the emotions that overcome me at a moments notice. Now, I’m not a hard-ass – I have always cried, or maybe just welled up, at commercials, TV shows, movies, happy news and sad. But the amount of tears that are leaving my body lately is a bit much. I spent an hour Friday after work crying because I saw the commercial for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and could picture how sad it was going to be when I actually watched it. Paul is having none of it – cry for real things or stop watching TV altogether. Then he gave be some hugs, because he’s not a hard ass either.

In 19 days I have my first ultrasound. Paul is taking the afternoon off to go with me, and the next week I am officially in my second trimester! Hopefully by then I don’t feel as though someone has run over me with a truck, or little elves are hanging on my eyelids, and I can actually tackle some of the things around the house that I would like done before Junior gets here.

Until then, you can find me in the middle of a bowl of Bear Claw ice cream, or snuggled in my bed watching anything that won’t make me cry – the Weather Network perhaps?

No comments: