Monday, October 20, 2008

8 Weeks

The baby is the size of a pinto bean or small raspberry, Paul is fighting a massive flu, I’m still on a 3 hour a day weekend nap schedule, and I did something I haven’t done since I was eleven.

This weekend we had chocolate chip cookies in the house, and since I haven’t seen a cookie I don’t like, I started eating. Mid way through said cookie I wanted a glass of milk. Not so strange you say? It is if a glass of milk has not touched your lips since May of 1990 when you were in the hospital with a broken leg, hopped up on Codeine and turned from all things dairy. So I hesitantly poured myself a glass, knowing if I didn’t drink it that Paul would. I drank the entire thing. It was cold and delicious, and I even had another one, just for good measure. Let’s see how long this lasts. So far, my cravings have tended towards healthy things – carrots and ranch dressing, and strawberry smoothies are big ones. Tonight its comfort food – I’m thinking Kraft Dinner, and can’t get it out of my head. So it shall be.

Yesterday I slept for 3 ½ hours during the day, and still managed to go to bed at 9pm and wake at 7am. It was not interrupted sleep mind you. I woke to pee 3 times, and once to Paul telling me to roll over (Don’t be alarmed! I told him to do this if he sees me on my stomach – it kills my boobs when I wake up this way). Yesterday the most I could do was lie around and watch TV, finally dragging myself off my ass and heading to the store for some groceries. We made supper together, finished it off with a big bowl of ice cream  and laughed at the dog trying to eat peanut butter. Perfect Sunday.

No comments: