I'm almost through the first trimester, our little bean is the size of a plum and I have felt hung over for the past 5 days. Without the drunk part, which is the best part of all.
Mom and dad returned on Friday night, and I was greeting with loads of hugs and kisses and of course, tears. I am so happy to have them home. Even though I know how much they love Newfoundland, and being there...it's high time they got their asses back to K-Town!
The newest stage of my pregnancy has been my aversion to meat. I can eat chicken cut up in a pasta dish or a salad, but cannot eat a piece of chicken. Dad made what looked like a wonderful steak on Sunday and I had one bite and was completely turned off. I am getting my protein from Peanut Butter and Soy Milk. Hopefully this passes and dad can make me another steak - damn that looked good!
As my pants are becoming a little tighter, but I'm not quite big enough to be wearing maternity pants, pregnancy and a life growing inside of me has been more and more real to me in the last week or so. We are really looking forward to the ultrasound next Friday and seeing that reality for ourselves.
4 comments:
I'm going to miss seeing you get bigger everyday but 2 women at work are due around the same time as you so my plan is to follow them around for the next 6 months and rub their bellies pretending they're you. I'm sure they won't mind.
XXX Jen
Looking forward to your ultra-sound next week; we cannot wait to be grandparents. You will feel better as you go along I promise. Just rest when you can and take good care of yourself. Love and xx's from Nana and Poppy Collins
I really enjoyed reading your steps to becoming a mommy!!!!!!!!! am looking forward to posts of your journey! Love Aunt Pat
I will read this faithfully so you'd better post often. I need to read how you're doing as I'm too far away to see the weekly changes. Will you post the ultrasound picture so I can see it?
Love,
Aunt Maureen
Post a Comment