Monday, November 10, 2008

11 Weeks

I'm getting close to the end of my first trimester, thank GOD! Baby Grogan is the size of a small lime (which reminds me of the Corona I can't drink), Patch had a near death experience which made Paul lapse into crisis mode, and I'm still too big for my old clothes and my maternity pants are falling down half way through the day.

I haven't been feeling so hot the last week, I have a hard time keeping anything I eat for down. I'm fine in the morning, but by 5 or 6pm I'm nauseous and have trouble eating anything. I'm trying, but I hate throwing up with a passion of a thousand suns, so it's tough.

We found out this past weekend that Patch has Addison's Disease. It's a canine form of a human disease where the adrenal glad is not producing enough hormones for the dog to function properly. Every situation becomes stressful, even if it never did before and his organs start to breakdown from overcompensating for the lacking hormone. If we have left it another day the poor puppy's heart would have stopped. And Paul would have wanted to name the baby Patch -no joke. He is home from the overnight pet hospital stay, and will be on a medication to reproduce the missing hormone for the rest of his days. He is not 100% yet but getting there. The funniest part was going to the vet and seeing Paul, who loves this dog more than he loves some humans, sitting in the cage WITH the dog while he was getting treated with 5 bags of IV. Funny and sweet. Imagine what he'd do for a human he liked?

Ultrasound day is coming up, and we are both really excited to see the baby on the monitor. And yes, Aunt Maureen I will post the pic so you can see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can so relate to Paul in the cage with Patch! Our little Spanky made me feel exactly the same way. That unconditional love from your pet is indescribable and when something bad happens to them, it happens to you too! May Patch have a long wait to get to Puppy Heaven!

Can't wait to see the ultrasound!

Love,Aunt Maureen