Baby G is about the size of a honeydew melon this week, weighing around 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches in length. I might as well move my desk into the 3rd floor bathroom at work since he’s practically elbowing my bladder, and Paul never wants to see a can of paint until this baby gets a sibling.
I met with the OB this morning, whose hair can only be described as Jon Bon Jovi circa 1984 except she’s a woman and NOT IN AN 80’S HAIR BAND, and we had a great visit. I am measuring on target, gained another 3 pounds (25 total) and the baby is head first making his way down - hopefully there to stay. Starting in May I go to see her every week for check ups, and she wants me to bring Paul in for a visit so she can meet him and answer any questions he might have which I thought was great. Hopefully the questions go beyond, “Why does my wife growl like a wolf in her sleep?” or, “Can I get an epidural as well?”
This weekend Paul finished painting the nursery, which he declared - not just said, but DECLARED (which really just involves standing in the kitchen wrapped in a blanket/skirt contraption with his hands on his hips and a very authoratative look on his face which is quite adorable when he's trying so hard!) that the nursery was the last room he was painting in that house unless a) we move and need to finally paint the other two bedrooms or b) have another baby. The furniture will arrive on Wednesday, when dad and Paul can put it all together and mom and I can start putting the clothes away and it will actually start to feel like there’s a baby coming to live with us soon. All of my baby’s teeny tiny clothes, blankets and towels are washed - thanks to his Nana who may have, might have, and you can make up your mind on this if you’ve EVER met her – cried while folding them and catching a whiff of that Ivory Snow. Pictures coming soon!
(Shout out to the girlies who never comment but have been catching up on the blog since finding out about it….you make my days bearable ladies xoxo)
2 comments:
Not only did I cry when folding the 200 facecloths and other baby clothes but your Dad cleaned out the attic and we disovered 30 years of blankies, carebears,baby mobile etc!!!! Memories are made of this!!!!!
we know how much fun you'll have decorating your baby's room. it will be just as you want it to be. hope these next few weeks go by quickly & you can relax, sleep & dream of little feet that you can touch & just feel the love. as always, judes
Post a Comment