Monday, April 13, 2009

33 Weeks

Baby G weighs a little over 4 pounds and measures in at 17 inches. I am exhausted even with the 9:00pm bedtime I’ve been rockin’ for the last 2 months, and Paul’s not sleeping too well these days, as my breathing/snoring is sounding more and more like Darth Vadar and less like the dainty flower he married. HA!

After today, we only have 6 more Mondays left if the Baby goes full term. Some days I feel like I’ve been pregnant forever, but some like it was only yesterday I saw the positive pregnancy test. There is still a lot to get ready before he gets here, that sometimes I wish I had a few more months to let it all sink in! My last day of work is officially May 22 (30 work days to go!), and I feel like we’re making great progress on our to-do lists. We still need to pack the baby’s hospital bag, install the car seat and assemble the nursery furniture before we can put all of his stuff away. Aside from me sleeping as much as is humanly possible and Paul trying to calculate the best route to the hospital, after that we are good to go!

This weekend was Easter with the extended Lane family in Norval, where Eilish, Emma and Ryan participated in an egg hunt. Next year at Easter our little one will be 10 months old and God willing be able to join in the fun in some capacity. We talked about that all the way home last night, how after 10 months of parenthood what we’ll be like, what kind of kid he’ll be, and how our lives are going to change so much as soon as he enters the world. Makes all the sleepless nights (Paul), 3-times a night pee breaks (me) and kicks to the ribs (me again as this kid kicks the shit out of me!) totally worth it.

1 comment:

Mom (Nana) said...

You are right, it will be all worth it when your bundle of joy arrives. Rest and relax when you can; only 6 more Mondays to go!!!

Love you,
Mom