Our baby boy is now more than 15 inches long and weighs almost 3 pounds, Mama met the lady who’s going to deliver the baby (if he decides to make his arrival between 8am and 8pm Monday – Friday), and Paul put in for his baby vacay yesterday, which makes it all the more real – finally he’s starting to get that WE ONLY HAVE 10 WEEKS LEFT….OMG WHAT ARE WE DOING?????
I met the OB yesterday and she was very patient with all of my questions, and although she has not updated her wardrobe since 1984 I think we’ll get along well. As stated before, she will not be delivering our baby if we are admitted after 8pm during the week, or on weekends. I’m sure it won’t matter who delivers the baby as long as I have drugs and Paul has a place to land. We listened to the heartbeat, which never gets old, and I also have a lab appointment on Thursday for the last of my prenatal tests, one that checks for gestational diabeties.
This weekend is my first baby shower, hosted by my mother-in-law and attended by every Irish woman in the tri-city area. They encourage drinking at their after 6pm baby showers, so I’m sure it’s going to last longer than I will. I am looking forward to it, and am blessed to know how much our baby is loved, even before he gets here.
2 comments:
Is your OB Dr. Raby? every time I saw her at the hospital she was wearing a horrendous shade of lipstick and a banana clip or scrunchie circa 1984.
She is however a great doctor from what I've seen and heard.
Renee :)
Renee - the OB is Dr. Ross. She has some serious hair band hair, the most tapered pleated pants and velour flowered shirt this side of '84. Super nice though!
Post a Comment