Tuesday, March 17, 2009

29 Weeks

The baby is the size of a squash, weighs 2.5 pounds and measures about 15 inches. Mama’s bathroom visits are getting more and more frequent, and Paul is so happy we’re having a boy that he kept it a secret for about 7 minutes.

My doctor’s appointment this morning confirmed that I have gained another pound – totaling 11 so far. That doesn't seem like much to me, again because of the eating but also because I feel like a whale, am having trouble turning over in bed, getting out of the tub without assistance and generally look like I 'popped' in the last month. But alas, the weight gain is yet to come. We went over some blood work results, and everything was normal and good and fine and kosher. I go see my OB on Monday. We are looking forward to meeting her and I’m looking forward to berating her with questions about labour and delivery. I have a list.

When we got the 3D Ultrasound last week, we also got a DVD Recording of our session which included an up close and personal look at the baby’s….ahem…meat and potatoes. In order for us to keep the gender a secret, no one could see the video. The day after the session, Paul brought the DVD to his parents and did not bother to stop it at 23 minutes in, so my little boys business flashes across the screen - to which my mother-in-law yelled, “ARE THOSE HIS BOBO’S?” At that point I had to tell my mom and dad, because all I needed was for my Irish Shower theme to be “All Bobo’s, All the Time” and for no one else to know.

Now that we know the baby’s gender, the Battle of the Baby Names has been easier, looking at clothes for the baby is more fun, and picking out paint colors for the nursery is less of a debate. Paul has even started picking out tiny little football jerseys for him. I’m just waiting until he says he wants to have the theme to Star Wars playing in the delivery room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for bobo's!

XXX Jen

Anonymous said...

Now that would be a great theme for the shower!
Can't wait to meet the little man!
Love
Lori