Tuesday, March 10, 2009

28 Weeks

Baby weighs nearly 2.3 pounds and is measuring 14.8 inches from top to toe. According to the Baby Center emails I receive weekly, the baby can open it's eyes and turn it's head in utero if it notices a continuous, bright light shining from the outside. Paul says I’m not allowed to do this around him, since he doesn’t like light shining in HIS eyes, so why would the baby. He’s right. And it annoys me.

This Thursday we are going to UC Baby in Cambridge for a 3D Ultrasound of our little one. The website pictures are amazing, and I will share ours as soon as we get home. We are really looking forward to see the proof of my growing belly, mood swings and nesting overload IN 3D. Check out the website...if you’ve never seen this thing before, it’s pretty crazy!

This morning Paul and I had an appointment at Grand River Hospital where the baby will be born, barring any quick delivery in the back of the Malibu which I dreamt of last night and woke in cold sweats. It was a pre-registration for the atrocious amount of paperwork we had to fill out, since I’m certainly not going to be in the mood to do it while my focus is on how many drugs they can fill me up with as soon as my ass exits the 4th floor elevator. There was also an information session with Public Health Nurse Dawn, who asked us a series of questions. Any history of mental illness? Or stresses in our lives like finances and any family tragedies since I got pregnant? She asked whether or not I drank alcohol or used drugs during my pregnancy, if our crib and car seat will be brand new or second hand. I am extremely lucky that I have no family history of mental illness, that our families live close by and are all supportive, nothing tragic has impacted this pregnancy (touch wood), and that I’m only currently addicted to Sour Patch kids and cake. I can imagine that Dawn sees a lot of things, and hears from families who answer quite differently than we did today. While her enthusiasm about how my pregnancy has been progressing without incident was, what I thought at the time to be a bit fake; I can now see how grateful she was that our file had no “Red Flags”. And so are we.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi mommie to be! Just wanted to let you know that I saw a picture of you and Paul on Facebook - taken by Pauline LeDrew at your uncle Harry's 60th and you look absolutely amazing! Another belly pic would be nice.......

Love,
Aunt Maureen