Baby Grogan is around 12 inches and weighs just over 1 pound, my cravings have most recently involved a McDonald Breakfast BLT Bagel almost every morning for the last three weeks, and Paul is starting to think that the baby is protesting because he never feels him kick (NOTE: today is a ‘him’ baby day)
Nothing new on the pregnancy front. I don’t have another doctor’s appointment until February 17th, then in March I start my visits to the OB; soon I will have bi-weekly appointments. Thank God I have an awesome job which allows me to bank my overtime for future time off – hour by hour, and an awesome boss. Since the hip/butt cheek pain has ceased, I’ve been feeling really good. Mom and I went shopping on the weekend, checking out Nursery Furniture and baby bedding. So many choices – I’m glad I had someone there with me who has good taste!! Paul and I narrowed down the furniture last night, which will be purchased shortly. The bedding seems to be much harder since all the neutral “I don’t know what we’re having” bedding doesn’t appeal to me. I have a feeling whatever bedding we choose is going to have a lot of different colours, to cover our bases for whatever gender this little one is!
I have further developed my cravings and the two strongest are Sour Patch Kids, and BLT Bagels from McDonalds’s – EVERY morning on my way to work, and Saturdays courtesy of my fabulous husband who makes sure to get to the Drive Thru before 10:30 am for my fix.
I feel the baby rolling around in there all day long, be it in the car, at my desk, in the bathroom, walking to get more Sour Patch Kids. It’s not for very long, but he’s definitely making his presence known. Paul however, has not felt him kick yet. Often we are in different parts of the house when it happens, and the first few times I called him up or over, the baby had stopped. The look of disappointment on his face killed me, so I stopped calling him. Every morning when he wakes up he rolls over and throws his arm around me, rubbing my belling to say “good morning baby”. Nothing. When he leaves for work he comes to my side of the bed, kisses and rubs my belly to say goodbye. Nothing. Watching TV, after supper, reading in bed…NOTHING. I’m thinking about bringing him to work with me, or taping his hand to me. One of my girlfriends said the baby’s kicks might not be hard enough for him to feel. Guess we don’t have a football player in there just yet, but Baby G, it would be nice if you could give a little shout out for daddy ok? Ok. Kisses!
3 comments:
So, I really think Andrea & Paul are having a boy. Anybody else having strong feelings one way or the other?
Jen
andrea i was so glad you & joanie could do the baby shopping together. it will mean so very much to nana, she will be a great help to you & baby. a great amt of fun to come. hope you'll keep well xxxxjudes
Boy all the way!
Lori
Post a Comment