Baby G is measuring around 27 cm, Mama has gained 4 more pounds of which is apparently affecting my ass, and my two P’s – Paul and Patch, are very happy that I’m home from Montreal.
Although I had a great time in Montreal, all week I was getting a small, albeit annoying charlie horse in my butt cheek. Nothing too bad, it came and went. I thought it was brought on by a strange bed, lots of walking, even some weight gain. By the time Friday evening came along, and I got home from the airport (with no luggage!), it was way worse than it had been all week, and Saturday the pain left me unable to hoist myself out of my car in the Shoppers parking lot. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers. Saturday I can say was almost unbearable, Sunday the same. I got lots of differing opinions on it, mostly sciatica which I had thought as well. I looked it up online and followed instructions to stay in bed for the duration of the day, which I did Sunday and Monday. At my doctors appointment today the doctor had me do a bunch of exercises; bending to touch my toes, bending to the left and to the right and putting pressure on sections of my lower back that affect the sciatic nerve. I felt fine during and after so the verdict was that I probably irritated it by overdoing it a little in Montreal – damn walking! Anyway, I am going for a massage, keeping my feet elevated when I sit, even at my desk at work. I know labor and delivery of our little one is going to be hard, and long and painful – but at least there will be drugs to get me through!
I bought a CD to play for the baby in utero called The Mozart Effect. According to the liner notes, the music on this CD has been selected to provide peace and tranquility for mom’s to be, which will help stimulate the baby’s right brain creative thinking and help me bond with the unborn. So far it’s really good at making us sleepy, and makes Patch howl along with the music. Perhaps instead, the effect will make a human that is lulled to sleep at the Opera, annoyed easily by all howling dogs and whose parents would rather dance around the kitchen to Snoop Dog, then Mozart.
2 comments:
Hi andrea Hope you're feeling better. Do you have any colors picked out for the nursery? Love your bathroom. What a change! Love Aunt Lib
Baby Dream #1 - You had a girl and named her Bailey.
XXOOJen
Post a Comment