Tuesday, January 06, 2009

19 Weeks

The baby is the size of a small zucchini, I am trying to get back into the swing of this working life after having time off over Christmas, our house is in upheaval with the installations of beautiful basement floors….and I am now at 19 weeks, or in my 20th week – halfway to having a baby!

My wonderful father and brother in –law are finishing the floors and the downstairs bathroom this week, which are two things off the list of things to do pre-baby arrival. Paul and I have very different ideas about the things that need to be done, or as Paul calls it – the things Andrea wants to be done. Here’s a smaple of three things on the list, and a taste of what my list looks like compared to my husbands:

Basement finished - ME: floors done, walls painted, movies and books and CD’s organized, photo albums stored and computer brought down from the nursery with an office space in the rec room. PAUL: Floors done, Sidney Crosby cut out hockey player placed gingerly in the corner of the room. TV and XBOX turned back on.

Nursery Complete:
ME: Walls painted, furniture purchased and assembled, bedding purchased, washed and placed, closet of crap cleaned out preparing for the clothes the baby will be getting. PAUL: Walls painted, furniture purchased and in boxes on the floor for now, crap in closet pushed to the side to make room for the clothes the baby will be getting.

Spare Bedroom: ME: Dresser for Paul’s work clothes purchased, closets fixed and painted, walls painted, rearrange furniture. PAUL: The work clothes can stay in the laundry basket on the floor, as long as they are clean who cares. The closet doors may not close, but you can lean them up so it looks like they do. If you make me paint another room in this house I will jump through the window of this room (lucky for him it’s a bungalow).

I am certain that most of this will be done by the time the baby is born. The basement is on its way, and I’ll enjoy making it look nice and storing all the crap in cupboards with doors. The nursery is a must do, so I don’t know who he’s kidding there. I get the spare bedroom thing…but when he jumps I’ll let you know how the bruises look.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will get done and you know you have lots of help doing it. I can't wait to help with the nursery; God I just had a flashback of us taking you from the crib to your new big bed. How many years ago was that and where did they go; grownup pregnant daughter!!!!!!! How exciting is that?????

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Well, what is your problem, don't you know that every basement should have a cut out of Sidney Crosby in the corner, but in my house it is ps3 not xbox. How lucky are we Andrea!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know the battle of your list vs. Paul's list will always exist. In our house its Wants (lori's list) and Needs (lloyd's list) as a side note...these very rarely are the same list!
Me