Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dear Max ~ Month Three

Dear Max,

This week marks your third month of life. You are still eating every three hours during the day, up to 5 oz at a time, and you are sleeping...WAIT FOR IT....10 - 12hours a night. Let's take a moment to bask in the glory that (for now) you love to sleep. Done? Alright, back to the business at hand.

Your third month with us was a little lonely for your mama. Your Nana and Poppy Collins left for their Great Big Newfoundland 'vacation', and your Grandma Grogan is in Ireland caring for your Great Uncle Mick. Your Grandad came every night to visit, hoping that it was time for you to eat since he loves to feed you and you are the best burper for him. What do I have to do to get you to burp like that? Irish accent? Old Spice? Tell me, I'll do it. But we have a good little routine going, you and I. You wake up anytime between 6 and 8 am with that gorgeous smile and dimple just-a- beaming and eat a full bottle. You go back to sleep for about an hour, then we start our day. We have filled the hours with trips to the library, the mall, and Wal-Mart, where inevitably someone will comment on your hair. It is quite the conversation peice. It reminds me of Conan O'Brien, and looks a little like Donald Trumps comb-over.

This month you are WAY more mobile than ever before. "But of course Mama" you might say - "I am growing". And growing you are. You move around in your crib like a little worm, often waking up in the total opposite direction you were put to sleep on. One morning your daddy went to get you and your legs were stuck out through the side of your crib. You love to be flat on your back, either on the floor or on your change table, and your legs NEVER STOP MOVING. Whenever we lie you down on the changing table you immediately begin thumping it with both of your legs so violently that the whole changing table shakes.

You also love your baby seat, which your daddy has named "First Class Seating". I put you in there after you eat mainly to avoid the spitting up that happens if I lay you down right away, but also because you could honestly sit there forever, looking around and trying to bat at the toys hanging from it with your little fists. I often bring the seat to the kitchen while I clean it, the bathroom while I shower and you always sit so contently babbling to yourself, while I get these things done. I love that you can entertain yourself and find something to be mezmerized with in our living room. Sorry for the bad TV, by the way. No 3 month old should be subjected to the sounds of a Real World Cancun cast member drunkenly screaming about the lack of respect she gets from men while running around in her underwear as her weave is falling out.

You had your first real baby, straight from your stomach giggles which we got on video, and you've discovered both of your hands, and you are pretty sure that they are the tastiest things on the planet. Sometimes I catch you trying to shove both of them in your mouth at once, and you look at me and you get so excited that you almost hyperventilate, sticking both fists into your mouth with such force that you almost choke on your knuckles.

You are becoming such a little person, with likes and disslikes of your own. You are a joy to be with, and we are together A LOT, so it helps that I like you. Your giggles and smiles are delightful, and just when I think that I couldn't love you more, you poop while your dad is giving you a bath and giggle like you did it just for me.


Love you loads,
Mommy

1 comment:

Nana Collins said...

Oh My God; this is the best ever I think. Maybe it's because I am so far away but I see you on the webcam often and your Mama puts you on the phone just so Poppy and I can hear you coo. I cannot wait to see the 3 of you and I love you with all my heart.