Monday, May 11, 2009

37 Weeks

The baby is today considered full term and can be weighing over 6 pounds, measuring around 19 inches. Parents of baby? We are waiting. That is what we are doing. I get up, go to work, come home, eat and lie down to watch TV, getting up occasionally to pee or get a Rolaid. Paul does the same, except he also does the dishes, brings me laundry to fold after he does all the laundry, gets me water and runs out for ice cream. What a husband I have!

We had a good Twin’s Birthday/Mother’s Day weekend, but by 8 pm both nights this weekend I was exhausted. As Nan Lane said, I’m ‘coming to my time now’, so I have slowed down quite a bit. Work is slowing down too. I’m training my replacement, packing my stuff and tossing the crap that I will no longer need a year from now. It’s a bit cathartic and it makes me excited that this time has finally come. I wish I was done work now but can’t imagine doing this waiting game at home without Paul being home with me and it’s nice to keep busy while I wait. But when May 22 comes around? My tune will change and you won’t be able to stop my waddling arse from getting to the EXIT in this place!!

At my doctor’s appointment this morning, which was not as invasive as last weeks, I gained 1.5 more pounds, my belly is measuring 36cm and I was given my hospital papers to keep in my purse “just in case”.

Hey, guess what I’m doing tonight? Tonight I am going home, eating supper, lying down to watch some TV with the hubby and will be in bed by 8:30. That's what waiting looks like in our house.

No comments: