Tuesday, February 24, 2009

26 Weeks

The baby is about 14 inches long, weighing a little more than 1.6 pounds and has taken up permanent residence on top of my bladder. I don't mind waking up to pee, because I'm usually back to sleep before my head hits the pillow, but the 5:00 kick to the bladder is especially hard since Paul gets up, Patch gets up and Baby thinks it's time to party!

Another development in this pregnancy has been the arrival of 2 lovely friends, ones I've tried to avaiod with creams and lotions, ones who have come and stayed in the last week. I HAVE 2 STRETCH MARKS. They are small, and are on either side of my belly button like two little parenthesis. I don't articularly mind them, it’s a beautiful reminder of what love created and that my body housed a frickin’ miracle so blah, blah, blah. I would just like them to go away. Eventually. Or now.

Gotta go, I have to pee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I feel you. You can appreciate why they're there but you wouldn't mind if they went back to wherever they came from.

Jennifer 'Stretch Marks Remain' Connell

Anonymous said...

Another reminder of a beautiful gift. They don't go away but they do fade. Not to worry!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

No offense aunt joan but faded or not they still exist!
And no, they haven't gone away, almost ten years after the fact.

Lori'Stretch Marks Remain'Dawson

ARGrogan said...

I hear the small ones fade. Here's hoping for small ones.