Thursday, May 03, 2007

Long Time Gone

I stopped writing for a while, nothing in particular led me to it, just ran out of steam I guess. Things still happen in our lives that I think "I'm gonna blog that!", but I never got around to it. Until today.

It was a rough weekend for my family, both my parents and for those I love more than anything else. My Nanny Collins ended up in hospital Friday night, and my Pop Lane in hospital on Sunday evening. WTF??? That was my response to the Pop Lane news.

After spending two and a half days thinking I'd never get to hear her say my name that way again, or tell me I was pretty, or swoon over my husband every chance she has, or tell the story about the time I suprised her and Poppy by getting off the plan in Deer Lake, I now have to process that my lovely, smart, funny Pop "Leonard" Lane had a mild heart attack (to which Paul's response was "Anyone named Angus is strong enough to get through that") and is in the hospital missing his story and not eating on his schedule.

It hit me Monday morning. I woke up crying. I cried in the shower. I cried getting dried off. I cried and cried, then got back into bed and stayed there all day. Apparently that's how I deal with stress. Sleep it off. Nice.

So, on a better note, Pop is bored to tears in Grand-Falls hospital and may be released tomorrow. Nanny Collins had her lipstick on, and is walking the 5th floor of Peel Memorial like the trooper she is. Those are some good genes.

HAPPY BIRHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL, CUTE, HUSBAND who vacuums whenever I ask him too!! Edited to add: He vacuums when I don't ask him too, does laundry, takes out the garbage, cuts the lawn, cleans the dog's ears...sorry baby, you're the best!!!! xxoo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your newest post was well worth the wait! Great writing! I too cried a lot but instead of burying my head under my pillow - and boy that was really tempting - I went to work. I find distraction helps when I'm worried. I walked the outside of my building a million times when I felt I would burst with sadness and got through the first day - each day since has been easier mostly because I've heard such good things about Nanny Dick's surgery and Poppy's Lane's recovery. Good genes indeed!
Happy b-day Paul - here's a smackin' big kiss!
Love, Aunt Maureen