Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Busy Bees

Friday Jen came out and we went to Christmas get -together at her friend Suzanne's.
Saturday Paul and I went to St. Jacobs farmers market and bought some jam. I kid you not, we went and only bought jam. The rest of Saturday was spent cleaning house for Xmas, wrapping gifts and napping - our favorite thing to do. We went to Ping and Steve's for supper, and watched SNL (my boyfriend Justin Timberlake was hosting).
Sunday I visited Eric and his mom, and Monday I shopped and napped.

I was so excited to come to work today, I love my job and the people that I work with. although some days i don't want to go in at all, it has nothing to do with work, and more to do with me. So I get here today, and in missing one day, 2 people quit and one of our Supervisors took another job. See what happens when you take one day off! I missed all the good gossip.

Someone asked me yesterday if I was happy, that I seemed very down lately and just didn't seem myself. Well, to answer her question, I have been down a little. It's my first Christmas at the new house, as a married couple. I have never had to deal with the pressure of who's family to spend which day over Christmas with and I fear it's taken a lot out of me. I should be lucky that I have two families to choose from, two families who love us. I have to remember that.

We are having 23rd with my mom's side of the family, Christmas Eve (after Santa at Bette's) with The Grogans, Christmas Day dinner at our house, with my dad's side of the family. It's all worked out, talked over, and will be a guilt-free Christmas - yeah right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's all worked out and with everyone's help it will be a great Christmas for you and your's!!!!!!
Love Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have been so lucky in the sharing Christmas department as Lloyd'd mom seems to just do...whatever. But, I don't envy you for having to please everyone. Try to relax and enjoy the holidays (easier said than done) its a special one for you and Paul, you should take some time to make your own traditions! See you Saturday!
Love Lori