We just finished watching the movie Click. Adam Sandler plays an architect (yes, you heard me), who gets access to a Universal remote that allows him to control his life. He can "click" - get it? Through anything, or to any time in his life.
The movie itself wasn't too bad, and the moral of the story was nice. Live in the now kind of thing. But more than wondering how Mr. Sandler still has a career at all, the movie got me thinking - what I would do if I could click through my life. So, here's my list.
Pause during my wedding. During the ceremony, I couldn't really see my parents faces as they were right behind me. I would have loved to see the look on their faces when we were taking our vows, kissing as man and wife, walking down the aisle. But anyone who has seen my wedding pictures knows what Joanie looked like walking me down the aisle!
Rewind to the day Toots died. I would have not gone to work after I heard that our beloved friend had passed away. Maybe I was in shock, or maybe it was denial. I would go back to that day and spend it with those who loved her most.
Fastforward to see parents with their grandchildren. I cannot wait until my dad takes my son skating, my mom takes my daughter shopping and has sleepovers. God willing, I will see all of this for myself. It's just to good to wait for!
Mute: I would mute the noises I hear in my house when I'm alone. I hate the squeaky floors in the hallway, the tree brushes against the window in the front and the furnace is a terror.
Slow: I would slow down every minute I spent with my grandparents. It's going too fast already.
But of course, when good old Adam Sandler realizes he's missing all of the good stuff, he sees that you have to live the life you have. Every hard, uncomfortable, painful and exciting minute of it.
But who ever listens to Adam Sandler?
3 comments:
I LOVE YOUR WRITING;YOU MADE ME LAUGH AND CRY AT THE SAME TIME;PS I CAN'T WAIT TO SPOIL MY GRANDCHILDREN
LOVE YOU LOTS
MOM
As someone who has spent the better part of her adult life rushing around I definitley wish I could rewind and slow down certain events - mostly the times we spent in the kitchen at Casa Duhart. It's hard to explain to someone who wasn't there what those times meant to me so I'd love to go back and relive them again - especially you falling out of the bathroom in your Brady Bunch undies - but that's a different post!
We saw it at the drive in. Good movie, really does make you think.
Read back in the comments, I didn't know I found it first, I guess I'm just like that and I spend a lot of time on here snooping around!! :)
Joanne.P
Post a Comment