The smell of Avon Rich Moisture cream
Strawberry Shortcake with as much whipped cream as I wanted
Her lipstick on my cheek
The quilt she made for me 28 years ago and how she laughed until she cried when I took it to her to fix
Her support of all things I chose to do, with no judgement
How much she loved my husband
The radio under her covers, on all night long
How she said my name
The pride she took in her appearance
Her fingers filled with rings
When she put her arm around me and patted my shoulder, I always felt sleepy
How she cried when Dean Martin died
Being proud of all of our accomplishments - big or small
How she made everyone feel like her favorite, and we believed it
The bedtime story about the little lost girl in Curling, who I always thought was her
Molasses buns
Seeing the good in everyone, even if they didn't see it themselves
Wrapping her arms around three travel weary girls when we were too tired to stand up
That she was everyone's Nanny
How much I knew I would miss her, and how much more I do today
3 comments:
andrea,i so very much enjoyed reading your own memories of your nannydick.she touched so many of our lives,for that we will always be so geeatfull.may your memories be passed on to your children,telling wonderful stories of a very special lady xxxxxxjudes
I loved reading this, just loved it. Your memories are so vivid I swear I was there for all of them. At some point, perhaps you can write the story of the little lost girl in Curling. I'd love to read it.
Love,
Aunt Maureen
I loved reading this, just loved it. Your memories are so vivid I swear I was there for all of them. At some point, perhaps you can write the story of the little lost girl in Curling. I'd love to read it.
Love,
Aunt Maureen
Post a Comment