In our house, the term “Google it” is utter often. We use the Google search engine for all of life’s unknowns. Actually, we use it for stuff we don’t know. Life knows it, Google know it…I digress. Some of our most recent searches have been:
•How many ounces are in a gram (not a drug deal, just a cooking question)
•How do you spell vacuum (Paul thought it was one u and 2 m’s)
•Kevin Federline’s ex (Paul thought it was Star Jones – hello??)
•Daft Hands (it’s on YouTube and definitely worth a watch!)
So, what’s a girl to do on a Sunday afternoon when her hubby is watching the 49-ers get beaten and screams at the television like he owns stock in the team and is personally hurt when they do something horribly wrong – it’s looks like he’s a witness of 9/11 (shout out Jill!!). Anyway, what was I to do...I Googled myself (sounds dirty, but was totally PG)
Andrea Grogan
*A Maywood Illinois lawyer
•Hair/Makeup/Wardrobe artist on the VERY independent film “Terror Talk”
•Member of the 2002 Manhattan Netball Club
•Mother who lost her 17 year old to suicide (the obit was excruciating to read)
•Cardiac Rescue Technician in Maryland
Then, because supper was in the oven and there was nothing on TV except reruns of Celebrity Fit Club on Much More Music (and I’m all caught up on the weight issues of creepy Gary Busey and born-again "Charles in Charge" guy Willie Ames – thanks), I Googled my husband, my parents and my godchild. Here are the highlights.
Paul Grogan
•Department of Biology Faculty member – Queens University in Kingston (know him Auntie??)
•President and CEO of “The Boston Foundation” – not sure what they do exactly, but promote the city of Boston. A picture of Matt Damon would do here don’t ya think?
•Scottish musician whose work was recently featured on “America’s Next Top Model”
Dermot Collins (no matches for DERM Collins)
•PhD Professor of Chemical Engineering at the Univeristy of Louisville Kentucky
•Contact person for the FA Umbro 2007 Football Club
Joan Collins (DUH!!)
•Internationally renowned actress and bestselling author
•After 816 matches, there were no other articles on Joan Collins “not the actress”. At least my mom’s not naked on the internet
Eilish Connell
•A 4th grader at Scoil Bhride School in Menlo, Galway Ireland
•Celebrated pottery artist in Cork Ireland
•The lucky lady who married Gort Dubh at the Skelly Hotel in Dingle Ireland(Couldn’t make this up if I tried)
And the only search that I did where the very first match was the actual person I was looking for...why Angus Lane of course.
•A unionist and well known local poet
•Wrote the song “All Because of ASARCO”
•Mr. Lane’s union songs were published in “Come Hell or High Water”, and were also recorded on a album
So go on, tell us who the Internet thinks you are...Google yourself!
4 comments:
Jennifer Connell:
- Barrister & Solictor
- Pro Softball Player
- Deepak Chopra Certified Instructor
- Reporter
- Member of the Manx Dune Buggy Club of Australia
I googled,not much interesting,166hits,an author& an aerobic instructor.
Lori Dawson
-3rd Grade Teacher in Missouri
-Con Artist Rhode Island NY(not kidding!!)
-Business owner in the health industry( I can hear everyone laughing from here)
-Stock broker(yah Right)
-Dept chair at worcester university in albany NY
-Lawyer Detroit Michigan.
I just couldn't resist and got over 2 million hits!
In essence I'm a shit disturber, author, and owner of BioPharm Limited. I'm a high flyer (snicker, a theatre review columnist, and have taken on the Catholic Church regarding sex abuse by bishops. I'm tired just reading about me!
Oh, and by the way, I don't know the other Paul Grogan in Biology but Dr. Paul is listed in my Queen's directory so he does indeed exist!
That was fun!
Post a Comment