Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hola!

We got back from Cuba Friday evening, tanned skin and still smelling a bit like coconuts. It was without a doubt the most relaxing vacation I have ever had. I read three books, napped for two hours each day, and got used to the sound of the waves and the sun on my face. We all had a fantasic time, and the only complaint was we wished everyone we loved could be there with us - what a party that would be!

Every trip, journey and every day teaches us something, Cuba was no exception.
Things we learned:

- Bringing Heinz Ketchup for your fries makes you feel like you're at home
- We are lucky to live in a Free country like Canada
- Catamaran trip + big waves + cheese on a bun = sick on a Catamaran
- When you call home and talk to Patch, it's okay to cry a little
- Disco music in Spanish is only fun when you're hammered
- Saying "Hola" to the waitress in Cuba is polite
- Saying "Hola" to the Pakistani waitress at Swiss Chalet in Toronto is not

We snorkeled, kayaked and swam like crazy - pictures will be on flickr tomorrow.

It's good to be home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous - since I stayed at the same resort, I'm dying to see your pics. I'll be looking for them tomorrow so don't forget! Glad you had so much fun - even if upchucking off the catamaran was not on your list of "things to do today"

Anonymous said...

ummmm I think its Monday and no pic's!?
So jealous!
Joanne