Thursday, August 17, 2006

Drinking with the CSC

I woke this morning still tired. When Paul got up for work I went to the bathroom, and went back to bed. It was hard to get up. Harder to get my ass in the shower, and could barely keep my eyes open as the water hit my body. All morning I felt tired and staring at the computer screen did not help. My spirits were lifted when my colleagues brought over a beautiful wedding card and photo box for our wedding gift. The card was filled with best wishes, kind words and funny entries from my male colleagues who have sworn off marriage altogether.

The greatest part of the present, aside from the love and warmth of my friends at work, was the LCBO card tucked into the box.

I am not a regular drinker. I find drinking a more social event, at parties, bars or a drink with friends on a weekend. I have never been one to have a drink alone. As well, I have never gotten home from a hard days work and all I want is a cold beer - I'd rather have a Pepsi and a smoke.

Between the wedding planning, stress from all over, parents and family immanently arriving, the impending doom of sleeping with one man for the rest of my life - the card will be worth nothing by Monday morning.

Peace and Love and a bottle of tequila.

No comments: